Resident registration

Your stay at TUSUR is supervised by the Division of International Cooperation of TUSUR University Office 217, 40 Lenina Prospect, Tomsk

When in Russia, all foreigners are required to have a valid:

  • Visa
  • Migration card
  • Registration

For registration, please contact the registration officer of your dormitory within 3 days of your arrival and submit the following:

  • Your passport
  • Migration card
  • Your ticket to Tomsk

If you choose to rent an apartment outside of TUSUR campus, you must obtain residence registration from the owner of your apartment.

Your visa must be extended one month before expiry date. To obtain a new visa, you are required to submit the following:

  • Your contract to study at TUSUR
  • Your passport
  • Migration card
  • Residence registration slip
  • 1600 rubles for the state duty for a multi-entry visa
  • 1 matte photo 3*4 cm. Note: if you wore no glasses in your passport photo, your photo for the visa should be without glasses as well.
If you require any further information about residence registration, feel free to contact Olga Kuzina.

3 days

After your return to renew your residence registration, if you leave Tomsk.


Your residence registration expires with your visa. After you get a new visa, you must obtain a new residence registration before the previous one expires.

Medical Insurance

Foreign nationals in Russia are entitled to free first aid and emergency medical care. It means that once the patient is stabilized, further treatment must be paid for or covered by medical insurance.

The regular medical insurance that you purchase to apply for a visa will not cover your long-term stay in Russia. Once you arrive to Russia, you need to obtain a voluntary medical insurance policy that covers both outpatient and inpatient care, hospitalization, transportation, and is valid to use in the clinics and hospitals near your place of residence. With this policy, when seeking medical care, you will not have to pay for the services and will only need to show your passport and policy.

Policy purchase

You can purchase a voluntary medical insurance policy in the TUSUR Division of International Cooperation (main building, office 217).

Please make sure to have your passport with you.

Become part of our family